What are the 10 most important events in the outsiders?
The Ten Major Events in The Outsiders
- The church catches on fire.
- Darry, Sodapop, Ponyboy, and Cherry all go to church about Johnny killing Bob, Cherrys’ boyfriend. …
- The abandoned church catches fire when Johnny and Ponyboy are out and they run in to save the kids that are in the scorching church. …
- Dally dies.
What are the main events in the outsiders?
THE OUTSIDERS MAIN EVENTS
- Ponyboy, Johnny. …
- Johnny stabs Bob to save Ponyboy from being drowned in a fountain.
- Johnny and Ponyboy run away to an abandoned church.
- The church gets caught on fire and Ponyboy and Johnny save the kids.
- Johnny gets badly hurt from a falling piece of wood and has to stay in the hospital.
Who died in Chapter 4 of the outsiders?
In chapter 4, Johnny kills Bob, a Soc, who along with four other Socs, attempts to jump Ponyboy…
What major events happened in Chapter 5 of the outsiders?
Summary: Chapter 5
Ponyboy makes a wisecrack and Johnny tells him he is becoming more like Two-Bit every day. Johnny insists that they cut their hair to disguise themselves, and he bleaches Ponyboy’s hair. For the next week, the boys hide out at the church, reading Gone with the Wind, smoking, and eating sandwiches.
Did sodapop get Sandy pregnant?
Sodapop told Ponyboy he was sure he was going to marry Sandy. However, when she got pregnant, she left to go live with her grandmother in Florida. … She is mentioned once in the film, but Sodapop never says she moved or got pregnant.
Who died in the outsiders?
Is Randy a greaser?
Randy Adderson is Bob’s best friend; he is a fellow Soc. After Bob’s death, Randy stops Pony on the street and tells him that the fighting between the Socs and the greasers is pointless. Randy refuses to fight in the big rumble because “Greasers will still be greasers and Socs will still be Socs.”
How did dally die?
In this book, Dallas dies by being shot by a whole bunch of police officers. He has robbed a grocery store and the police are chasing him. … When Johnny died, Dally was so sad that he ran out of the hospital and it seems that he went straight out and robbed the store.
What are 3 themes of the outsiders?
The Outsiders Themes
- Divided Communities. Ponyboy stands in the middle of two major conflicts: the conflict between the Socs and greasers, and the conflict between Ponyboy and Darry within the Curtis family. …
- Empathy. …
- Preserving Childhood Innocence. …
- Self-Sacrifice and Honor. …
- Individual Identity.
Why does Darry slap ponyboy?
Before leaving, Cherry tells Ponyboy that she hopes she won’t see Dally again, because she thinks she could fall in love with him. Ponyboy walks home and finds Darry furious with him for staying out so late. In the ensuing argument, Darry slaps Ponyboy. … He feels sure now that Darry does not want him around.
What is ponyboy afraid of?
Ponyboy has been in and out of consciousness after Johnny and Dally have both died. … That information causes Ponyboy to feel some guilt because he isn’t sure if he had asked for Darry. Ponyboy fears that Darry will think Ponyboy doesn’t care about him. Something in his tone of voice made me look at him.
How did the setting foreshadow the events in Chapter 4?
In chapter 4, Johnny kills Bob, a Soc, who along with four other Socs, attempts to jump Ponyboy and Johnny while they are at the park. … The dream about this setting foreshadows Johnny and Ponyboy going to hide out on Jay Mountain later in chapter 4 after the stabbing occurs.
Does ponyboy die in outsiders?
Bob Sheldon and his goons attacked Ponyboy and Johnny one night, and Bob nearly drowned Ponyboy.
Does sodapop die?
Sodapop Patrick Curtis is the middle child in the Curtis Family. Soda was dating Sandy until she cheated on him and became pregnant with someone elses child. … After the book and film takes place, S.E Hinton said that he was drafted to fight in Veitnam and died in battle.