What major events happened in the year 2004?
- January 4 and January 24: Spirit and Opportunity land on Mars.
- April 28: Abu Ghraib prisoner abuse revealed.
- June 5: Former President Ronald Reagan dies at 93. A six day state funeral follows.
- July 29: John Kerry, Democratic Presidential nominee.
- November 2: George W. …
- Ann Miller.
- Mercedes McCambridge.
- Pat Tillman.
What was popular in the year 2004?
In 2004, “Spider-Man 2” was a popular movie.
Here are some foods and beverages that were popular in 2004:
- Brown butter pasta.
- Comfort foods (for example, chicken pot pies, meatloaf, macaroni and cheese, and pizza)
- Creme brûlée.
- Cupcakes and mini-cupcakes.
What era was 2004?
2004 (MMIV) was a leap year starting on Thursday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2004th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 4th year of the 3rd millennium, the 4th year of the 21st century, and the 5th year of the 2000s decade.
What important events happened in 2000s?
- September 11 attacks in New York City; Washington, D.C.; and Shanksville, Pennsylvania (2,977 killed)
- 2001 anthrax attacks in the United States (5 killed, 17 infected)
- 2002 Bali bombings in Bali, Indonesia (202 killed)
- 2003 Istanbul bombings in Istanbul, Turkey (57 killed)
What important events happened in 2010?
On January 12, 2010, a 7.0 magnitude earthquake devastates Haiti, killing more than 230,000 and destroying the nation’s infrastructure. … In February 2010, a series of winter storms labeled “Snowmageddon” by President Obama blankets the east coast of the United States with up to 40 inches of snow in less than 1 week.
What was invented in 2004?
2004: A Look Back at the Technology from 10 Years Ago
- The birth of Facebook. As shown in a certain acclaimed movie, in February 2004 Facebook was founded and began rolling out to lucky college students. …
- The rise of Firefox. …
- iPod Domination. …
- Bluetooth: the future of wireless. …
- HDTV and DVR. …
- Skype wows the world. …
- Satellite Radio redefines the platform. …
- Cell Phone Innovations.
What happened in 2004 in the UK?
18 November – Parliament passes the Hunting Act 2004 banning fox hunting in England and Wales. 20 November – Launch of the Swift Gamma-Ray Burst Mission, a joint United States, UK and Italian-developed spacecraft, designed to study gamma-ray bursts. 28 November – Wales Millennium Centre in Cardiff is opened.
What was popular in 2003?
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.
- Finding Nemo.
- The Matrix Reloaded.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.
- Bruce Almighty.
- The Last Samurai.
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines.
- The Matrix Revolutions.
Who was born in 2004?
Born in 2004
- Charli D’Amelio, 16. TikTok Star.
- Annie LeBlanc, 15. YouTube Star.
- Mackenzie Ziegler, 16. Dancer.
- Millie Bobby Brown, 16. TV Actress.
- Cynthia Parker, 15. TikTok Star.
- Noah Schnapp, 15. TV Actor.
- Madi Monroe, 16. TikTok Star.
- Jayden Bartels, 15. TV Actress.
How old are people born in 2004?
16 years old
How many days were there in 2004?
What was invented in the 2000s?
- 10 Things You Didn’t Realize Were Invented in the 2000s.
- Camera phone, 2000.
- USB flash drive, 2000.
- Bluetooth, 2000.
- Toyota Prius, 2001.
- Blu-ray disc, 2002.
- Facebook, 2004.
- YouTube, 2005.
Who died in 2000?
Famous People Who Died In 2000
- Hedy Lamarr. Austrian, American. Actress, Co-inventor of technology for spread.
- Alec Guinness.
- Pierre Trudeau. 15th Prime Minister of Canada.
- Walter Matthau.
- Jim Varney.
- Terence McKenna. Philosopher, Psychonaut, Ethnobotanist, Author.
- Big Pun.
- Loretta Young. Actress.