What historical events happened in 2010 in the United States?
POP Culture: 2010
In February 2010, a series of winter storms labeled “Snowmageddon” by President Obama blankets the east coast of the United States with up to 40 inches of snow in less than 1 week. British Petroleum’s “Deepwater Horizon” offshore oil platform explodes on April 20, 2010, killing 11 workers.
What important historical event happened in 2010?
2010 — The Deepwater Horizon oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico explodes, spilling millions of gallons of oil into the sea. The spill becomes the worst oil spill in American history. 2010 — In the 2010 Midterm elections, the Republicans retake the House of Representatives as the Democrats lose 63 seats.
What pop culture events happened in 2010?
The Biggest Pop Culture Moments of the Decade
- of 22. Fashion’s Meatiest Moment. When Lady Gaga went on stage at the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards to accept her trophy for Video of the Year, she rocked a dress made entirely of meat. …
- of 22. Zombies, Zombies, Zombies. …
- of 22. William and Kate’s Royal Wedding. …
- of 22.
Who was popular in 2010?
Billboard Year-End Hot 100 singles of 2010No.TitleArtist(s)1″Tik Tok”Kesha2″Need You Now”Lady Antebellum3″Hey, Soul Sister”Train4″California Gurls”Katy Perry featuring Snoop Dogg
What war was going on in 2010?
August 31 – Iraq War: U.S. president Barack Obama declares an end to combat operations in Iraq.
What defined 2010s?
The 2010s (pronounced “twenty-tens” or “two thousand [and] tens”) was a decade of the Gregorian calendar that began on 1 January 2010 and ended on 31 December 2019.
What happened April 2010?
Ash from a volcanic eruption in Iceland dominated the most-read list in April as all flights in and out of the UK were suspended. The cloud triggered the UK’s worst airspace restriction in living memory and brought much of Europe to a standstill.
What happened in the UK in 2010?
A Cenotaph war memorial and statue of Winston Churchill are vandalised, and a car transporting The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall is attacked. The coalition government wins a vote in the House of Commons to raise the cap on university tuition fees in England to £9,000 with a majority of 21.
What happened in the year 2011?
May 1 – U.S. President Barack Obama announces in a media statement that Osama bin Laden, the founder and leader of the militant group Al-Qaeda and the most-wanted fugitive on the U.S. list, was killed by U.S. forces during an American military operation in Pakistan and that his body is in U.S. custody.
What was popular in 2015?
#TheLIST: 2015 in Pop Culture
- The Song: Drake’s ‘Hotline Bling’ Giphy. …
- The TV Show: ‘Empire’ FOX. …
- The Breakout Star: Amy Schumer. Getty Images. …
- The Movies: ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ and ‘Mad Max’ …
- The Tour: The ‘1989’ World Tour. …
- The Broadway Revolution: ‘Hamilton’ …
- The Album: Adele’s ’25’ …
- The End: ‘Mad Men’
What is the definition of pop culture?
Popular culture (also called mass culture and pop culture) is generally recognized by members of a society as a set of the practices, beliefs, and objects that are dominant or prevalent in a society at a given point in time. … However, there are various ways to define pop culture.
What was invented in 2010?
The inventive line of phones fell victim to Android’s fragmentation, but created the foundation for today’s powerful line of Pixel phones, which consistently outshine competitors like the iPhone on features like camera quality and AI-infused user experience.
Who was born in 2010?
Born in 2010
- Naz Norris, 9. YouTube Star.
- Heaven King, 10. Instagram Star.
- Ferran The Fashion King, 10. Instagram Star.
- Cristiano Ronaldo Jr., 10. Family Member.
- Evelin Bennett, 10. YouTube Star.
- Brock Butler, 10. YouTube Star.
- Addy Maxwell, 10. YouTube Star.
- Payton Yeager, 10. YouTube Star.