What are the most important events in world history?
The 50 key dates of world history
- 3000. Building of the Great Pyramid.
- 776. First Olympiad in Greece.
- 753. Foundation of Rome.
- 490. Greeks defeated the Persians at the Battle of Marathon.
- 360. The period of Aristotle and Plato.
- 332. Egypt conquered by Alexander.
- 323. Alexander dies at Babylon.
- 214. Work on the Great Wall of China begins.
What are 5 historical events?
Here is my humble attempt at the 10 most important events in history, not listed in any particular order.
- The American Revolution. …
- The Reformation. …
- The Life of Jesus of Nazareth. …
- Tearing Down of the Berlin Wall. …
- World War II. …
- World War I. …
- Gutenberg’s Printing Press. …
- Life of Muhammad.
What event changed the world?
Following the 19th century, 20th-century events changed the world in unprecedented ways. The World Wars sparked tension between countries and led to the creation of atomic bombs, the Cold War led to the Space Race and creation of rockets, and the World Wide Web was created.
What are some major events that happened in 2009?
- January 20: Barack Obama becomes President.
- January 16: Electronics retailing company Circuit City closed all of its U.S. stores in the wake of a bankruptcy issue, after nearly 60 years in business.
- February 12: 2009 U.S. penny commemorating 200th anniversary of Lincoln’s birth.
What are the 8 themes of world history?
Terms in this set (8)
- Power and Authority. powerful people and powerful governments.
- religious and ethical systems. guides us and tells us what’s right and wrong.
- revolution. overthrow of governments, ideas and institutions.
- economics. …
- cultural interaction. …
- empire building. …
- science and technology. …
- interaction with environment.
What is the most famous year?
Important Years in World HistoryEventYearBlack Death, most devastating pandemic in Europe killed over 100 million people1348-50100 years war between England and France1337-1453Christopher Columbus discovers the New World1492Vasco da Gama discovers the sea route from Europe to India1497-98Ещё 35 строк
What is the most tragic event in history?
So here are the following events we considered tragic, inhuman events in world history.
- Pol Pot’s Regime (1975-1979) 1.5-2 million death. …
- Irish Potato Famine (1845-1849) 1 million death. …
- Nanking Massacre (1937-1938) 300,000 Death. …
- The Rwandan Genocide(1994) 1million death. …
- The Great Leap Forward (1958-1962) 45million death.
Who is the most written about person in history?
Jesus has been named the most significant person in human history, followed by Napoleon and Shakespeare, as ruled by the internet. Based on the impact on opinions certain individuals have had over time, and how that has reflected onto their Wikipedia pages, two computer scientists have come up with the ultimate list.
Why are dates important in history?
Dates are important to history because they help chronologically show cause and effect relationships between events. By knowing exactly when things occurred, historians can also more accurately compare different societies at specific points in time.29 мая 2017 г.
Who has changed the world?
17 People Who Have Changed The World As We Know It
- Leonardo da Vinci (1452 – 1519): Polymath – Italy. …
- Ismail al-Jazari (1136 – 1206): Polymath – Turkey. …
- Bruce Lee (1940 – 1973): Actor, Martial Artist and Philosopher – Hong Kong. …
- Marie Curie (1867 – 1934): Physicist – Poland. …
- Cristiano Ronaldo (1985 – Present): Footballer – Portugal.
What was the strangest day in human history?
5 am, Nuremberg, 14th April 1561. You have just woken up after a peaceful night’s sleep and are ready to start the day. After having had something to eat, you head out the door for a long day of hard work, when suddenly, two blood-red semi-circular arcs appear in the middle of the sun.
How did World War 2 change the world?
The large-scale ways in which WWII changed the world are well-known: the Holocaust’s decimation of Jewish people and culture, the use of atomic bombs on Japan, and the wide swath of death and destruction caused by the Axis powers in Europe. But there are also more indirect ways that WWII impacted modern society.
What big events happened in 2010?
Damaged buildings in Port-au-Prince following the Haiti earthquake on January 12. Deepwater Horizon drilling rig explosion was the worst marine oil spill in history. Kyrgyzstan Revolution: people entering the White House in Bishkek on 7 April. Bangkok burning during the military crackdown of protests.
What happened in the US in 2012?
2012 Empire State Building shooting: A gunman shoots and kills a former coworker near the Empire State Building in New York City. Following the initial shooting, police kill the gunman, and nine other people are wounded. A jury in the U.S. state of California rules that Samsung Electronics owes Apple Inc.